The following are authorized means for recognition of outstanding community member contributions which support the College's Mission and students:
- Joint resolution of the College and Foundation Boards. At appropriate times, to recognize exemplary service and friendship to the College and the Foundation, a joint resolution by the two Boards will be issued, framed and presented to an individual in acknowledgement of their contributions.
- Partner in Education program. When an individual, business or organization is distinguished by its record of commitment to technical education, to Western Technical College and to its students the Board may act to designate that individual, business or organization as a Partner in Education. Partners are invited to an annual recognition program and are asked to participate in the planning process through which College directions are established.
- Honorary degree. To recognize extraordinary friendship and support of the College and its students, the Board has the authority to grant an Honorary Associate Degree to an individual. This individual would be recognized in a appropriate manner as part of the College's annual commencement.
- The Legacy Award. When an individual or organization has made an extraordinary, long-term and lasting contribution to the development of the College and its students, the College Board of Directors may recognize that contribution by presenting The Legacy Award. It is envisioned that this award will be rarely given and will recognize many years of sustained friendship so significant the College has been markedly changed as a result. The Board will present an etched glass tribute to the recipient or her/his family. The names of Legacy Award recipients will be displayed with pride at the College's administrative center,
- Programs and seminars named after community member.
- Foundation Award of Excellence