At Western, employees will act in the best interests of the College, and therefore all employees will have the opportunity to succeed. Everyone will be treated in a fair and respectful manner. Staff members understand what is expected of them and will perform consistently with the vision and mission of the College. An environment that encourages staff to perform at their optimum will be maintained.
High quality staff are the cornerstone for success at Western Wisconsin Technical College.
Professional development is a key to developing highly qualified staff at Western and is a highly valued path toward Employee Success.
As members of a College community, we treat each other in a fair and respectful manner. We act in ways consistent with College values.
College processes will encourage Employee Success.
College processes include:
- Clearly defined roles, responsibilities, and relationships, based on identification of our customers' needs and expectations
- Fair and equitable hiring practices:
- Select the right people for the right positions
- Hire the most qualified based solely on job specific criteria
- Opportunities which allow staff to develop themselves to their full leadership potential:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- In-service training
- Professional/sabbatical leaves of absence
- Regular employee/supervisor meetings to discuss employee success:
- Identifying training needs
- Assessing process performance without placing blame
- Discussing employment trends
- Use of professional growth plans for each employee, including employee transcripts with records of growth and academic achievement
- Activities that support Continuous Improvement and customer service:
- Formal review during contractual probationary period
- Coaching, mentoring, counseling, and support and training
- Professional development positions
- Special performance appraisals to address problems/concerns