The Certificate of Insurance ensures that the external entity requesting use of Western Technical College facilities has the necessary liability insurance for any incurred negligence and proves General Liability Insurance coverage.
- All external users must provide a COI proving General Liability coverage in the amount of $1,000,000 and Western Technical College must be listed as an additional insured. Additional insurance requirements may be required based upon the type of event being insured.
- Additional Insured Coverage is typically granted automatically by an insurance company when a written contract requires a COI listing an Additional Insured.
- Additional Insured Coverage is necessary to protect Western Technical College from any negligent acts, actions of the external user which claimant might profess as being that of Western Technical College. Having Western Technical College listed as an Additional Insured warrants the Certificate Holders insurance company responsible to process such a claim and stand liable for all compensation and damages.
- Address to be used when listing Western Technical College as an Additional Insured: Western Technical College, 400 7th Street North, La Crosse, WI 54601.
- External groups or individuals that do not have a current certificate of insurance, but wish to utilize Western Technical College facilities, may generate a quote or purchase event insurance by visiting
TULIP Insurance Provider.
- All external groups or entities must provide a COI at least 14 days prior to the event date.
- In the case of a private citizen or an external party where General Liability Insurance does not, and could not exist, the insurance certificate may be waived at the discretion of the College Controller or designee.